Santana - Blessings and Miracles [CD]
Format: Digipack CD Album
Release Date: 15 Oct 2021
CD / Digital Tracklist:
1. Santana – Ghost of Future Pull/New Light
2. Santana – Santana Celebration
3. Santana & Salvador Santana & Asdru Sierra – Rumbalero
4. Santana & Chris Stapleton – Joy
5. Santana & Rob Thomas & American Authors – Move
6. Santana – Whiter Shade Of Pale (feat. Steve Winwood)
7. Santana – Break (feat. Ally Brooke)
8. Diane Warren & G-Eazy & Santana – She's Fire
9. Santana – Peace Power (feat. Corey Glover)
10. Santana – America For Sale (feat. Kirk Hammett & Marc Osegueda)
11. Santana & Stella Santana & Avi Snow & MVCA – Breathing Underwater
12. Santana – Mother Yes
13. Santana – Song For Cindy
14. Santana – Angel Choir/All Together (feat. Chick Corea & Gayle Moran Corea)
15. Santana – Ghost Of Future Pull II
On Blessings and Miracles, music legend and guitar master Carlos Santana delivers one of the most ambitious, inspired and flat-out magical records of his storied career. There’s thrilling feats of bravura musicianship that pair the guitar master with fellow icons like Chick Corea and Steve Winwood, knockout rockers with Metallica’s Kirk Hammett and Living Colour’s Corey Glover, and genre-bending, hook-filled celebrations featuring Rob Thomas, Chris Stapleton, G-Eazy, American Authors and Ally Brooke, among others.
The album’s first single, “Move,” is the long-awaited reteaming of Santana and Matchbox 20 vocalist Rob Thomas, and it’s a sensation. Thomas is dynamic and magnetic, and he’s ably backed by the punchy vocal talents of American Authors (especially the band’s Zac Barnett, who takes the lead spot in the second verse). Santana matches these supreme performances as only he can, with scintillating solos that explode with tectonic force.
On the second single, “She’s Fire,” a hypnotically soulful ballad that works its way into your body chemistry, Santana wraps his exquisite guitar melodies in and around an enticing narrative spun by the rapper G-Eazy – collaboration as conversation, and truly riveting.
Santana partnered with country titan Chris Stapleton on “Joy,” a soul-enriching marvel that blends country, reggae, blues and gospel with a widescreen sing-along chorus. And on “America for Sale,” a gnashing, metal-blues bruiser, the guitarist is joined by Death Angel singer Marc Osegueda and Metallica axeman Kirk Hammett. Anybody expecting hair-raising guitar voodoo won’t be disappointed.
Santana immersed himself in the creation of Blessings and Miracles over a two-year period, serving as producer and collaborating with record makers and writers such as Diane Warren, Narada Michael Walden, Chris Stapleton, Peter Stengaard and Gregg Wattenberg. It’s an album full of revelations and epiphanies – through songs guaranteed to light up both radio playlists and concert stages.
More From This Artist: