Russell Watson - 20
Release Date: 23rd October 2020
1. Nabucco: Va, Pensiero
2. Il Gladiatore (Based on Themes from the Motion Picture “Gladiator”
3. Turnadot: Nessun Dorma
4. Parla Più Piano
5. ‘O Sole Mio
7. You Are So Beautiful
9. Amore E Musica
10. Where My Heart Will Take Me (Theme from “Enterprise”)
11. Tosca: E Lucevan Le Stelle
12. Someone To Remember Me
13. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
Focus tracks for streaming:
Album ‘20’ is set for release in October, twenty years on from Russell Watson’s acclaimed and hugely successful debut album ‘The Voice’. With his voice stronger than ever, album 20 will mark a celebration of Russell’s journey over the last twenty years and the next step in his award-winning career.
• Russell Watson is the UK’s biggest selling classical artist in history and the only artist to top the UK and US classical charts at the same time. He subsequently spent fifty-two consecutive weeks in the No.1 spot in both territories - also at the same time!
• Since 2001 Russell Watson has sold more than seven million albums, achieved six Top Ten album placements and received four Classical BRIT Awards.
• Russell Watson has performed for The Queen (on numerous occasions), The Duke of Edinburgh (he is an ambassador for the Dukes Fellowship Charity), Prince Charles (he is an ambassador of the Prince’s Trust), the late Pope John Paul II (who requested a private audience with Russell at the Vatican), former US presidents Bill Clinton and George W Bush, the Emperor of Japan and the King of Malaysia – amongst others!
• In 2002 he sang at the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games to a worldwide audience of one billion. In 2013 he performed at Buckingham Palace for the Queen’s Coronation Gala Festival and he has also performed at the opening ceremony of the World Games, the Rugby Union World Cup and at the Nou Camp Stadium for the 1999 Champion’s League Final with Montserrat Caballé.
• He has collaborated with Meatloaf, Lionel Richie, Paul McCartney, Lulu, Alexandra Burke, Sean Ryder and the late great Luciano Pavarotti.
SONGS OF PRAISE (BBC1) rx 20/8 tx 13/9. Performance of ‘How Great Thou Art’.
LORRAINE (ITV) tx 25/9. Video clip to announce the new album and 20th anniversary.
LORRAINE (ITV) tx 23/10 live. First daytime interview and video showing.
SONGS OF PRAISE (BBC1) tx 25/10. Performance of ‘Ave Maria’ (Bach) or ‘You Raise Me Up’.
THE STEPH SHOW (C4) tx 27/10 live. Interview and video showing. Location: C4 HQ studio in Leeds. We are pushing for a performance, this is TBC.
JEREMY VINE (C5) – tx 28/10 live. Interview, video showing and paper review.
SONGS OF PRAISE (BBC1) tx tbc. Performance of ‘You Raise Me Up’ or ‘Ave Maria’
ITV NEWS AT TEN (ITV) - rx/tx w/c 21/9. Exclusive interview with Nina Nannar (Arts Editor) to announce the album release (plus video clip). We have offered Nina the news peg of ‘The Passport: Back To Our Roots’, whereby Russell would go back to one of the small venues/ working man’s clubs where he first started his singing career. Russell to perform to an audience of x100 fans in 2021. The venue for Russell in 2021 - Stoller Hall, Chethams School Of Music, Huntsbank, Manchester, M3 1DA.
THE GRAHAM NORTON SHOW, THE JONATHAN ROSS SHOW, STRICTLY COME DANCING,THE ONE SHOW, SATURDAY KITCHEN, JAMES MARTIN’S SATURDAY MORNING, SUNDAY BRUNCH, THE ANDREW MARR SHOW, MARTIN & ROMAN’S SUNDAY BEST!, BBC BREAKFAST, LOOSE WOMEN, THIS MORNING, PRIDE OF BRITAIN AWARDS, PIERS MORGAN LIFE STORIES, SUNDAY MORNING LIVE etc
25/09 - Steve Wright confirmed on announcement with first play of Il Gladiator & chat
25/09 – Scala Radio interview
18/10 – Michael Ball chat confirmed
BBC Radio 2, Classic FM, BBC Radio 3, BBC Radio 4, BBC London, Magic FM, BBC 5 Live
• Feature in The Sun
The Telegraph, The Times, Dan Wooton podcast, Something for the Weekend, Times T2 Feature, Big Issue - Letter to My Younger Self, Guardian - How We Made ‘Nessun Dorma’, Daily Mail Weekend - ‘My Life Through A Lens’, Fabulous – Fabulist, Radio Times, Times Sat Review Culture Fix, Times Weekend ‘My Weekend’, Telegraph feature, Hello, OK, Music Week major profile, The I, FT Magazine ‘Inventory’, Sunday Times- Time and Space, Telegraph and Times Travel, Sun – Dan Wootton Podcast and feature, Standard, Metro – Weekend, Saturday Express Mag – My Weekend, Sunday Express – Life As I Know It, Sunday Mirror Mag Notebook, Coach, Balance, Happiful, Music Week - PlaylistNME - Soundtrack of My Life, GQ - Hype Feature, Classical Fix – Podcast, The Line Of Best Fit - Nine Songs, The Independent – Feature, BBC – Feature, Jo Elvin – Podcast, Daily Star – Feature, Metro – Feature, Table Manners – Podcast, Off Menu – Podcast, Clash Magazine – Feature, The Arts Desk – Feature, HMV - Front Page Feature, How To Kill An Hour – Podcast, Adam Buxton – Podcast, Travel Diaries – Podcast, Killing It – Podcast, Huffington Post – Feature, Daily Star - Online Feature, Press Association, Manchester Evening News, Big Issue North, Sunday Post, Daily Record, Scotsman, Scottish Daily Express, Yorkshire Post, NARC, Yorkshire Times, Buzz Magazine, Big Issue in the North, Peterborough Telegraph, Daily Mail, SAGA, waitrose Weekend,
Sun 10th AYLESBURY, Waterside Theatre
Thu 4th HARROGATE, Royal Hall
Sun 7th CREWE, Lyceum
Tue 9th HIGH WYCOMBE, Swan Theatre
Thu 11th NOTTINGHAM, Royal Concert Hall
Sun 14th WOKING, New Victoria Theatre
Tue 16th CHELTENHAM, Town Hall
Thu 18th SHREWSBURY, Severn Theatre
Sat 20th BIRMINGHAM, Symphony Hall
Sun 21st SOUTHEND, Cliffs Pavilion
Thu 25th BASINGSTOKE, Anvil
Sun 28th YORK, Barbican
Tue 2nd LEICESTER, De Montfort Hall
Sat 6th CARDIFF, St. David’s Hall
Sun 7th MILTON KEYNES, Milton Keynes Theatre
Tue 9th LEEDS, Town Hall
Sun 14th MANCHESTER, Bridgewater Hall
Sat 20th HULL, Bonus Arena
Tue 30th BUXTON, Opera House (ON SALE SOON)
Sat 19th WOLVERHAMPTON, Grand Theatre (ON SALE SOON)
Russell Watson - Passport: Back To Our Roots
Pet Shop Boys, KT Tunstall, Russell Watson and Passenger & more have pledged to play gigs for ‘Passport: Back to Our Roots’, the campaign to raise money for grassroots music venues at risk of closure.
More From This Artist: