Original Soundtrack - Breaking Bad 5 x 10-inch box set (Coloured) [ONE PER PERSON]
MEGA LIMITED! 400 RUN, only 100 in U.K.
Format: 5 x 10" Vinyl box set
Catalogue No.: MOVATM235R
Release Date: 01 Oct 2021
• THE DEFINITIVE COLLECTION OF SONGS FEATURED IN THE FIVE SEASONS OF BREAKING BAD
• 5X10” VINYL IN 5 DIFFERENT JACKETS, EACH 10” REPRESENTING ONE SEASON
• LIFT OFF BOX SET WITH BREAKING BAD LOGO ON FRONT WITH SPECIAL DRIP-OFF VARNISH
• EXCLUSIVE BREAKING BAD POSTER
• EXCLUSIVE “LOS POLLOS HERMANOS” PLASTIC ID BADGE
• BOOKLET WITH EXCLUSIVE PICTURES AND EXTENSIVE LINER NOTES BY THOMAS GOLUBIĆ, MUSICAL SUPERVISOR OF BREAKING BAD
• ALL THE ESSENTIAL BREAKING BAD SONGS BY BADFINGER, CALEXICO, FAR EAST MOVEMENT, AMERICA, FEVER RAY, APPARAT, WHITEY, KNIFE PARTY, THE
PEDDLERS AND OTHERS
• CHARACTER DIALOGUE SNIPPETS BY WALTER, JESSE, SKYLER, MIKE, GUS, SAUL AND MANY MORE
• EXCLUSIVE AND VERY LIMITED EDITION OF 400 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES ON GREEN (SIDE A/B), BLUE (SIDE C/D), YELLOW (SIDE E/F), PURPLE (SIDE G/H) & RED (SIDE I/J) VINYL
Breaking Bad is one of the most critically acclaimed television shows of all time. Following its premiere in 2008, the show’s five-season run won 16 Emmy Awards and earned 58 nominations and continues to appeal to new fans every day in over 170 territories worldwide. The series follows the story of Walter White, a desperate man who turns to a life of crime to secure his family’s financial future, and is supported by an impressive soundtrack. Music from a variety of styles and decades can be heard throughout the 5 seasons of the series.
Breaking Bad remains as relevant as ever today. In celebration of the success of the series, Music on Vinyl is releasing a box set of 5 x 10” vinyl in 5 different jackets, containing the definitive collection of Breaking Bad songs, including tracks by Badfinger, Calexico, America, Fever Ray, Apparat, Marty Robbins, Vince Guaraldi, The Peddlers and many more. Also included are iconic character dialogue snippets from Walter, Jesse, Skyler, Mike, Gus and Saul, among others.
Colours are a recurring theme in Breaking Bad. The clothing colours that characters wear represent various themes and their relationships to each other in each scene.
Green symbolizes greed, money, growth, envy. Blue symbolizes loyalty, power, magic (as in the “magic of chemistry” that Walt and Gale talk about), sadness, purity, water, sky, coldness). Yellow symbolizes Methamphetamine, optimism, pleasure, caution, cowardice, fear, pseudo-toughness, as well as pain and suffering that results from meth and the false hopes, careless pleasures, it engenders as well as the unhappiness of suspicion and paranoia. Purple symbolizes luxury, royalty, protection, safety, not involved with the meth trade (purple is the polar opposite of yellow after all), and most importantly, self-deception. Red symbolizes blood, murder, aggression, violence, experience, criminality.
The package is housed in a lift off box-set with Breaking Bad logo with special drip-off varnish on front. Inside the box you’ll find an exclusive Breaking Bad poster and special Pollos Hermanos plastic ID badge. The box also includes a 24-page booklet with exclusive pictures and extensive liner notes by Thomas Golubić, Breaking Bad’s musical supervisor.
The box set is now available in a limited edition of 400 individually numbered copies on green, blue, yellow, purple & red vinyl. Each 10 inch represents an element of Breaking Bad.
Official website: https://www.amc.com/shows/breaking-bad