Heavy hearts EP (Integral)
heavy hearts ep
cat: int 041
genre: drum and bass
* mixmag d & b tune of the month – september issue.
* introducing the highly anticipated debut release for brand new superduo phil:osophy. the magnetic combination of these two rising future producers (philth and phil tangent) delivers integral catalogue number 41– heavy hearts ep – a perfectly fitting title to this stunning medley of deep and deadly bass music.
* the title track “heavy hearts” is an absolute destroyer of an opening for the fresh collaboration who are destined to storm the future scene with their original flavour. as equally smooth as heavy, this emotional journey brings intricately, infectious musical elements together, layered with a powerfully punchy drum break
and a grimacing bassline.
* “dissipate” makes its mark next, in this somewhat celestial journey. haunting piano over a lush soundscape fuelled by delicately distorted vocals lead this beautiful production into a stabby drop of wicked beats and bass. already picked up by mixmag as “tune of the month” for september, need we say more.
* next up, “remember” lights the way for future power ballads of a deeper nature. its blissful soundscape, epic piano hook and heavenly melodies in combination with a catchy classic break creates a truly unique, anthemic vibe.
* wrapping up this remarkable ep is “wednesday’s child” – another soulful production packed with melancholic power; this one rolling into dark and heavy territory that pays homage to the original headz sound.